Friday, January 6, 2012

Jan 6th 2012 and it's over 50 degrees!!!

I decided I'm going to start writing in this again. I don't remember what I wrote about the last time I updated this. I'll use this as a update about my running the past few months.
I haven't really raced much after the Crim 10 miler. I ran with the Playmakers B Racing team at the Detroit Marathon Relay which was a lot of fun. We had 2 teams in the Open Division which we took 1st and 2nd place, we had a team in the girls race which they won, and we had a team in the Co-Ed Division and they also won. The team I was on took 2nd in the Open Division, I ran the longest leg 6.7 miles or some weird distance. I had no Idea how fast I was going, I just wanted it to be over and keep my place for the team. Overall I was happy with the race, my legs kinda cramped up the last mile but I averaged around 5:10-5:15 pace. With getting 2nd place are team won 500 dollars so each of us got 100 dollars. I guess I'm not a recreational runner any more and now I can be consided a Pro or sub pro runner.
After that race I got sick so I took a couple down weeks and now finally getting my mileage back up to 70 this week. I'm feeling great with long runs again and getting some longer tempo/fartleks and legs are healthy. I had a lot of problems in college with my legs and injuries so I'm going to keep increasing my mileage but taking it easy and not pushing myself to much.
-I hope I keep updating this and I'm thinking about running a marathon so if anyone has any that they think should be my first please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. You should run Lansing as your first. I am and it is Lansings first. April 22nd. You more than have the mileage for this.

    ReplyDelete