Sunday, February 14, 2010

Long Run

Today was long run day, I always dread Sunday morning. I knew this meant I have to run alone and I have to go at least 11 miles. Then once I get done I feel the great. Well today I wanted to get in 13 miles, so I did my 6 mile loop that goes by my house then continued into my 7 mile High school loop. I felt great half way, so I decided that I would get a tempo run. The tempo was a 2.5 miles and I must of been going 5:45/mile or so. I was feeling the lactic acid build up , so I think it was a little to fast. I want to get ready for my half marathon for the end of march. I got up by the high school and then I hit the windy part and I just wanted to be done with the run. I remembered the article I read in Runners World about Kara Goucher the other day and how Salazar her coach tells her different words like fighter , and I actually though of that on my run and it helped me fighter past the pain of the tempo and wind. Once I got to were I new I could finish all the mental part was easy. I've always trained like a half-marathoner while in college with averaging 70-90 early season and 80-110 during summer but now that I am getting to actually race a half, It's pretty tough getting in the hard V02 workouts.
I finished the run and felt great, probably could have done another 2-3 more miles but I didn't want to force anything so I ended it at 13 mile (1:21:25) Pace 6:16. I wore my Playmakers jacket and Brooks switch shoes.
Later
Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment