Thursday, February 18, 2010

Workout

Ever sense last post, I've been a little bit sore for the long run. I took Monday ,Tuesday really easy and then yesterday I decided to get a short fartlek in. A fartlek is when you do short or long burst of speed during the run with short active recovery between each interval. My fartlek was 8 by 1 min hard with 30 sec (active recovery) It was pretty short workout only taking 11 min total during the 6.5 mile run but I feel It help me with the start of a race and the burst of speed you may have to use to drop someone or try to catch someone. Fartlek I feel get me in shape the fastest and ready for races. This is my last week at 70 miles and I have to go up to 80 miles for 3 week then I'll start to try to peak for my half marathon I plan on running at the end of March. The rest of my lead up to the half marathon I want to run one or two 5k's or possible a 8k/10k if I can find one. I was going to run another 5k indoor but I think it would help me more, if I do a race outside with the cold/wind. If anyone has any comments on half marathon training or workouts that helped you please let me know!!!

Thanks Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment