Sunday, March 7, 2010

Leadup to Half Marathon

Today was the last Long run before my half marathon at the end of March. So far I've been building my mileage for 7 weeks (almost 2 months) at 70 or more per week. I've got my long runs up to 15 mile today, and I've been doing either a fartlek or a tempo run per week. I feel like I'm in the best shape I've been in sense 2006 when I ran 15:03, 31:12, and 25:38 for the 8k xc. I haven't raced very much leading up to the half marathon, I've only did 2 races, one being a 5k (16:3x) and a indoor 5k. I may do a 4 miler next Saturday to see what kind of shape I'm in. Last Wednesday I got in a really good tempo with Kierran one of the high schoolers, I pushed the run a few times and I felt great, around 5:50 pace for 4 1/2 miles. I was dropping Kierran so I had to back it down a few times, he just got done with wrestling season and already in pretty good shape after a week of running. This will be the last 80 mile week, the next 2 week before the Half I will go 60 miles then either 50-55 taper with a short quicker work outs and no long run. That is all, until next time...

Peace

1 comment:

  1. just read through your posts...that's really cool that you get to test the shoes for runners world.

    my husband used to work in lansing. we lived in Ann Arbor but are now out on the east coast.

    ReplyDelete