Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Update Time

On my last post, I said I was going to run this Shillelagh 4 miler over in flushing like I did the year before...Well the Sunday before I rolled my ankle pretty bad during my run. The pain went away a few minutes after I rolled it so I finished the run and then monday I wasn't to sore just alittle bit but I wasn't to worried about it. Tuesday's run was a different story tho, my left lateral side of my foot was so sore I though I might have broke a bone. I could barely put any pressure so I decided to rest the rest of the week and hopefullly it would be better by Monday. So each day I pretty much did nothing but sat around and iced my foot. This past Monday (First day of High School Track practice) I decided I would test out my foot. It was still sore but a I would say around 90 %, so I warmed up a mile before the practice to see. I felt like I hadn't ran in months but, my foot felt pretty good running. I then ran some 800 meter repeats with the guys and called it good. Yesterday (Tuesday) I warmed up 2 miles to see if it felt any better and then did 4.5 miles nice and easy with the guys at practice. Today I wanted to see if I had lost any conditioning plus it was amazing out (50 degrees and sunny), so I warmed up a mile on the track and went right into my 4 mile tempo run. I started out pretty easy 5:20 pace then I had the wind at my back and I wanted to see what I had so I push the last 3 miles and I got done and looked at my watch and I saw (20:05). I've mapped this loop so I know its legit 4 miles, I am surprise I did it that fast and my foot felt pretty good for the most part... NEW PERSONAL RECORD... I just need to get my mileage back up to where it was before I hurt my foot. Hopefully I can get it back going tomorrow and I didn't over do it today...Crossing my fingers!!!

Run Happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment