Sunday, April 3, 2011

Update: Track and running

So far my first year coaching distance with Owosso High School Track team has gone great. The distance runners have been giving me 100% every practice and after the first two meets everyone has improved or stayed pretty much the same. As a coach all I can ask for is everyone giving me their best, and so far it has been paying off already. I don't have to many girl distance runners but what I have is pretty good. I've had two individual wins and another one that should have been a win if she would have been placed in the right heat. I won't have to many at practice this next week due to Spring Break which sucks because the Tuesday we come back we have are first CAAC meet vs. Jackson Northwest. One of my top runners won't get back till wednesday so I hope the rest of the team is ready after spring break!!! My running has been up and down the last 3 weeks.... I was going really well building up my mileage for over 12 week then we got a bunch of snow and I sprain my ankle (rolling it on a piece of ice). Then the past week I was doing well again, building up my mileage back to 70 miles and I get sick/allergies and was forced to stay home and not run the Martian elite 10k. I was forced to back down again and only get 40 miles which sucks. Now I'm starting to feel back to normal and got a 10 miler in under 6 min pace. I hope this week goes well and get in 70-75 miles. Then the week after possibly find a good road race to test my fitness. Run Happy !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment