Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snowy wonderland

The past few days has been really tiring not just with running but having to shovel the 6+ inches of snow. Recently, I've just been getting in the miles and when the road is clear pick up the pace like a fartlek type of workout but it hasn't been that easy. The past few days after the big snow storm has been pretty nice considering how crappy it was. I was able to get 70 miles in even tho taking last Wednesday off and most of the runs were under 6:20 pace, which made me happy.
Today I was able to get out for a long run although I was lazy and didn't get out till a little later and it had already started to snow. Mentally the snow made it tougher but I did a two loop course today, which was lyons loop (6 miles) then my 8 mile North st. medical loop in town. My legs felt pretty good but this is the longest I've ran in a while so I wanted to take the first loop pretty easy with it being mostly rolling hills. It turned out to be around 36:45 then the second loop was 48:54 but that was .2 short so I added on at the end to make it 14 miles. The total time was 1:27:35 (6:15 pace), which is 3 min 49 sec faster then 2 years ago where I ran the exact same loop, and 2 min and 25 sec faster then last years 14 miler. I can't wait to do a race in the next few weeks and test my fitness. Hope everyone is staying healthy and RUNNING HAPPY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment