Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SNOW IS COMING

Finally starting to feel better after my food poisoning episode last week and now we're suppose to get over a foot of snow tonight/tomorrow. I used to love the snow but now if we get anything over 3 inches I have the hardest time running. It never used to be like that, just the last few years. Maybe it's because I run alone everyday and I just want the run to be over with?!?! Who knows!!!
Update on my Training the last 2 days: Yesterday I just ran a easy 7.5 in the morning at 6:07/mile then later one of my high school athletes (Chloe) wanted to run. I meet her up at the high school and did a 3.5 miles at her pace, she hasn't been running sense the end of XC season. I let her go any pace she felt good at and even tho she was tired (out of shape tired) she ran 6:56/ mile. I wish I had that kind of talent and not really run and just come back and go sub 7/min on icy sidewalks. TODAY: I ran my 8 miler at easy 6:31/mile it was pretty windy and chilly so I just took it easy. My second run was alone, Chloe had a school thing that was out of town so she suppose to run on her own. I ran a 4 miler at 6:11/mile; It was a out and back into the wind at 6:15ish pace then Steady state coming back, wind at my back but it was hillier going home. Felt good going 6:05 average on the coming back part. TOMORROW: It's going to be hard getting out and running but I'm sure I'll be out there twice, Maybe if we get all that snow people will get out and shovel the sidewalks and the city will plow/salt the roads...I'll keep my fingers crossed!!! Hope everyone stays safe and RUNS HAPPY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment