Sunday, January 30, 2011

Long Run

Sundays usually = Long run for me and seems like most other people. The reason I get the longer run done on Sunday because I run alone and I want to get the run done early in the week. The second reason has to be most people are either sleeping in or in church so I don't have to worry to much about crazy drivers who don't like runners.
I'm trying to get my long runs back up to 15-16 miles by late feb/early march so last week I did a 12 miler and this week I wanted to get in 13 miles. I didn't want to do the normal loop out in the country which is pretty hilly, so I kinda made up a loop where I don't normally run which usually makes the run go by a lot faster with different things to look at. I started the run out wanting to go around 6:30 pace but the first 1/2 mile I was at 6:15 pace and it felt like I was jogging, so the 6:30 pace idea was out the window. I decided to just keep going at the nice pace because usually I slow down towards the end of the run. I got over by Meijers and I was feeling awesome (last week I felt terrible on the long run), so I continued at the pace I was going and figured I was going to be a little short so I had to figure out where I was going add on. I got over by the Honda store and I added on around a mile on and continued back over by down town and back home plus a couple min to make sure it was a total of 13 miles. My time was 1:20: 07 which is 6:09 pace, a little faster then what I wanted to do but I think it helped because it was a different area to run at which made the time go back faster.
The rest of the week I want to get back up to 75-80 mile range and try to get in some longer tempo/fartlek workouts. Were suppose to get 6+ inches of snow Wednesday so that might not happen. Wish I had a treadmill sometimes so I could get a good workout in with out having to worry about ice/snow. Hope everyone winter training going well...

Run Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment