Sunday, April 18, 2010

Week update

I'll start off with my middle school coaching, We have are first meet this coming wednesday vs. Portland which should be interesting cause we really don't know how any of the kids are doing. It's really hard to share the track with the high school team doing workouts. I am doing the girls/guys distance coaching and I have two girls that are going to be pretty good. One of them I knew was going to be good, she's one of my high school xc runners sister and I got another girl that came out of no where that just doesn't want to stop running. Other then that the sprints/field events should be really interesting. I'll update about it next wednesday.
My training has been pretty good this week I upped it back to 60 miles last week and plan on going up to 65/70 miles this week. I've gotta start doing tempos and fartlek because all i've been doing is easy/steady runs everyday. I'm feeling "blah" the last 2 1/2 weeks so maybe i'll get a faster tempo in the next couple days.
Yesterday we had a SVSU reunion at Chris and meagans house in midland which was pretty fun. I got to see some people i haven't seen in a long time. We plays some word games and then later on in the night they played some drinking games. Some of the girls and a few guys made some cookies haha which were pretty good. So overall it was pretty fun, but didn't get out of control like I thought it may with some of the people that were there can make it real crazy. Run Happy....B. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment